Massage is the most natural and instinctive form of caring for babies. New-born baby experience the world through their senses, such as touch, smell, taste, sound and vision. These senses are developing gradually, but from the moment of birth the baby already understands the language of touch.
THE BENEFITS OF BABY MASSAGE
Here are some of the benefits of baby massage:
- Massage helps to create a unique bond between the parents and the baby.
- Gives confidence for first time parents.
- Relaxes both the baby and the mother/father.
- Mothers who suffer from post-natal depression feel more positive when they experience their baby’s response to the massage.
- Massage helps parents to be aware of their baby’s body and the developmental changes they going through.
- Regularly massaged babies develop their motor skills quickly.
- Improved circulation, healthy skin and a strong immune system.
- As the baby relaxes during the massage, their muscles relax which, in return, can help easing colic pain and constipation.
- Baby massage is highly therapeutic. It can help with several ailments throughout early childhood.
Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training School runs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training courses and Postnatal and Fertility CPD (Continued Personal Development) workshops. These courses and workshops are fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Yoga Baba is an independent organic clothing company for babies. In collaboration with a London artist and yogi, we have produced our own unique range of baby clothing made from 100% organic cotton. These feature illustrated prints inspired by yoga and nature.
The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy is part of London’s largest NHS and Private Medical Treatment Facility. It provides a complete cycle of care, from the treatment of pain and injury rehabilitation to lifestyle changes, preventative exercise and mind-body well-being.
When I met Cherie, I felt like I'd finally found the teacher for me. In only one session a week, I quickly saw a change in both my energy levels and muscle tone. Cherie's classes are dynamic and leave you feeling like you've had a good work out.Jemma Forte
My Yoga Mama practice keeps me balanced, energised and sane. It takes a huge effort to drag myself out of bed on a Saturday morning. After practice, the stress and strains of the past week disappear and I feel strong enough to take on the world.Karen Gill MBE
Tai Chi has helped me regain my balance, normal walking gait, confidence and control of my limbs after being diagnosed with a serious neurological illness. The teaching at Yoga Mama is first class and suits all levels of fitness.Peter