Pregnancy is a time of joy, excitement and anticipation, but the thought of childbirth often evokes fear and anxieties. Hypnobirthing provides the knowledge and tools to help reduce those fears and build confidence in this natural process. Based on a well established practise and rooted in medical research, hypnobirthing empowers you to feel in control regardless of how your baby is born. It will make a positive difference to your experience and will hugely benefit both you and your baby.
THE BENEFITS OF HYPNOBIRTHING
Here are some of the likely benefits for you and your baby.
- Feeling empowered, calm and in control when approaching the birth
- Looking forward to giving birth
- Providing a relaxed atmosphere for your baby
- A positive experience of giving birth for you, your baby and your partner
- Shorter and sometimes even pain free labour
- Reduced likelihood for the need of medical intervention
- Having an alert and calm baby who is ready to bond with you
- Reduced recovery time and minimised postnatal difficulties
- A shared and loving experience for you and your partner
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course runs over three sessions, during which the following subjects are covered:
- Techniques to release fears and achieve a deep level of relaxation
- Breathing and visualisation exercises
- The role of the birthing partner
- How your body is designed to give birth and how your mind can help
- Positions to help you and your baby achieve a comfortable birth
- Information surrounding the medical procedures offered during pregnancy
- How to make informed choices throughout your pregnancy and beyond
To experience the full benefits, some simple practice is required at home. To facilitate this, you will be given a full hypnobirthing kit (including relaxation CD, hypnobirthing book and a folder of handouts).
WHO IS HYPNOBIRTHING FOR?
Your birthing partner is essential in providing support and protection to you during this special time and the course is designed to empower you both. Partners who have attended the course report feeling included and actively involved during both the pregnancy and birth. Of course it is not always possible for partners to attend, and you will still benefit from attending alone.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR HYPNOBIRTHING?
The ideal time to undertake this course is during your second trimester, as this allows time to follow the simple practices and prepare for the birth. The techniques learned are also wonderful tools to help you relax and enjoy the pleasures of pregnancy. You are, however, welcome to attend at any time that suits you. All pregnant women are welcome, regardless of how they are intending to have their baby.
There is free support after the course, including an optional session for you to attend closer to your big day!
Below you will find forthcoming hypnobirthing course dates:
- 10th – 24th June 2017 BOOK HERE
Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training School runs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training courses and Postnatal and Fertility CPD (Continued Personal Development) workshops. These courses and workshops are fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Yoga Baba is an independent organic clothing company for babies. In collaboration with a London artist and yogi, we have produced our own unique range of baby clothing made from 100% organic cotton. These feature illustrated prints inspired by yoga and nature.
The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy is part of London’s largest NHS and Private Medical Treatment Facility. It provides a complete cycle of care, from the treatment of pain and injury rehabilitation to lifestyle changes, preventative exercise and mind-body well-being.
When I met Cherie, I felt like I'd finally found the teacher for me. In only one session a week, I quickly saw a change in both my energy levels and muscle tone. Cherie's classes are dynamic and leave you feeling like you've had a good work out.Jemma Forte
My Yoga Mama practice keeps me balanced, energised and sane. It takes a huge effort to drag myself out of bed on a Saturday morning. After practice, the stress and strains of the past week disappear and I feel strong enough to take on the world.Karen Gill MBE
Tai Chi has helped me regain my balance, normal walking gait, confidence and control of my limbs after being diagnosed with a serious neurological illness. The teaching at Yoga Mama is first class and suits all levels of fitness.Peter