IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT COVID-19
If you feel unwell, think you may have Covid-19 symptom, have travelled recently to a listed Covid-19 hot spot, or have someone in your household who is unwell or self-isolating, please do not attend classes at the studio.
In line with the UK Government and UK Active guidelines, Yoga Mama Wellness and our colleagues at The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy are taking the steps below in order to ensure the safety of both our teachers and students during the Covid-19 pandemic. As time progresses, we hope to be able to relax some of these policies. However, in the current climate, these changes are necessary to keep everyone safe and the studio open.
CHANGES TO OUR STUDIO
The entire Putneymead Medical Centre building is now served by a state-of-the-art extraction-based air conditioning system. This system offers excellent temperature control, while continually replacing air in the building with fresh, external air. We have also installed a HEPA air filtration unit in our studio, which uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses. As a further precautionary measure, hand sanitiser is also available at designated points within the studio and clinic.
Currently everyone coming into the Putneymead Group Medical Practice has to report to the reception desk. To make entering the building easier, your teacher will meet you outside the building next to the big tree 5-10 minutes before your class start time, where they will do a quick temperature check.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CLASS
We have scheduled our timetable to take into account longer changeover times between classes. This helps to avoid crowding and the overlap of students arriving and leaving the studio. In addition, before and after each class, we will be cleaning and sanitising high touch points in the studio. We have reduced our studio class capacity to 6 in order to allow correct (1m+) social distancing . Where possible, we aim to offer students the option of taking the same class online.
- We ask students to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled class.
- We offer pre-class temperature screening.
- Face coverings/ masks are required in all communal areas. Students can remove them once they are in the studio.
- Students must wash hands or use the sanitising gel provided before entering the studio.
- Keep belongings to a minimum.
- You will be provided with a bag and box to keep your belongings in while in the studio.
- We have marked out mat spaces in order to help you stay physically distanced.
- You must bring your own mat and any props you wish to use. We are unable to provide mats or props at present, although we have do some on sale if necessary.
- Until further notice, teachers will not be offering hands-on adjustments.
CLASS BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
At present we are unable to take class bookings at reception or accept cash payments. Students must make all class bookings (and payments) through our online booking system. We ask students not to arrive at our studio without a class reservation.
- If a student cannot attend a reserved class, we request they cancel at the earliest possible opportunity (24 hours prior to start of class).
- Students can manage their own class reservations via their MindBody Online account. If this is not possible, they should contact Cherie Lathey on 07939 589 083.
- Failure to attend a reserved class without prior cancellation will result in the loss of that class credit.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST
To keep up to date with any changes to our class timetable, up and coming workshops, special offers and news about Yoga Mama Wellness, please join our mailing list, as we cannot email everybody individually.